We’re updating the Business Savings General terms and conditions to include conditions about the new Internet Bank, and to provide further clarification to some of our other conditions, these changes will come into effect from 19 August 2020.
We’ve made changes to the Business Savings General terms and conditions to enable the new Internet Banking service to be used to manage your business savings accounts, if you sign up for it:
- We’ve changed the 'Payment Instructions' section to allow you to give us instructions to make a payment from your accounts through the service. You'll be able to do this by logging on to the Internet Bank using your security details. You’ll find details in condition 50.2 of the Business Savings General terms and conditions.
- We’ve updated the 'Statements of Account' section so that if you have registered for the Internet Bank and you make a transaction in any month, we'll send your monthly statement to the Internet Bank and we'll send you an email to let you know it’s ready for you to review. You'll continue to receive an annual statement by post and you’ll find details in condition 72 of the Business Savings General terms and conditions.
- In the 'Staying in Touch' section we’ve made changes so that in some circumstances, we may send you messages about your accounts with us using the Internet Bank or push notifications. You can also use the Internet Bank to update us if you change your email address. You’ll find details at conditions 16, 20, 21 and 22 of the Business Savings General terms and conditions.
- Keeping your log-on details secure is important, so we’ve added that to your responsibilities in the section on 'Keeping you and your account safe'. We have also made it clear that you should use the Internet Bank to check your transaction information regularly. You’ll find details at conditions 36 of the Business Savings General terms and conditions.
If there is any delay in the launch of the new Internet Banking service, the changes referred to above will come into effect when the service is available.
We will write to you when it launches to invite you to sign up to this service.
There will be terms and conditions for our Internet Banking service that you'll be able to review and agree to when you tell us you want to use the service.
Changes to current conditions
- We’ve clarified that 'terms and conditions' includes the product specific terms and conditions in condition 2. This means that we can make changes to the product specific terms and conditions in the same way that we can make changes to the Business Savings General terms and conditions.
- We’ve added to the 'Keeping you and your account safe section' at condition 39, so you must inform us straight away if an account holder, principle or account signatory changes. You must also clarify the additional ways you can send us the withdrawal form at condition 50.1 of the Payment Instructions section.
- Lastly, we’ve amended the 'Paying money' in section at condition 65 to make it clear when your money will be available for you to withdraw. We'll also clarify when the terms and conditions will come into effect at condition 75 in the Changes to terms and conditions section.
If you have any queries or would like to discuss these changes, please call us on 0800 66 55 11.
Calls to 0800 numbers are usually free of charge from a UK BT landline and mobile phones. International calls will be charged at a higher rate – please check with your telecoms provider.